Free Walking Tour Malaga Spain
When you walk through the streets of Malaga, you have this strange feeling, this fascination for the city. Want to know why?
Free Walking Tour Malaga will let you dive into the troubled depths of this city. Most of the time the secrets of Malaga stay unrevealed. But with our local expert guide, you will know more than the other clueless tourists. The past has more than one shade, and with our free tour Malaga, you will discover the hot historical spots of the city. You will hear fairy tales about queens and caliphs, devastating battles, brave Spanish warriors, politics, and power struggles! Game of Thrones could have been easily inspired by this city. 2 hours, that’s only what you need to discover the main historical points of the mysterious city. Let us reveal the legendary city with our Malaga guided tour and bring you a unique cultural experience!
Free Tour Malaga: Detailed Program
Malaga free walking tour follows the program below:
– Firstly, we take a look around the lively Plaza de la Merced. Along the way, you will see the ancient ruins, both Roman & Moorish. Following this short time travel, you will wander around the Botanical Gardens, with parrots and palm trees.
– After you can cool down on Malaga’s most famous walking and shopping street, Calle Larios.
– We will take a stroll down the historic streets of Alcazabilla. In front of you, will stand the Roman Theatre. The stone steps are the remains of its past glory.
– Discover more about Pablo Picasso, the artistic genius of Malaga.
– Get ready for Malaga’s main monuments, Alcazaba and Gibralfaro. The spectacular fortress and the mountain range behind it are not only excellent examples of Moorish Architecture but also great places for Instagram photos!
– Walk along Muelle 1, the shopping street at the port. This port was reconstructed a few years ago, without losing its authenticity. This is where Malagueños and visitors alike gather to sip their cold beers, share tapas, and enjoy the salty sea breeze.
– Visit Plaza de la Constitucion, one of the cornerstones of Malaga. It is also a symbol of Malaga’s fight against the dictatorship, and the home of a remarkable Italian fountain.
– As the icing on the cake, we will visit the Malaga Cathedral, called la Manquita, the “one-armed lady”. It is one of the features of the Golden Age, and a representation of Gothic, Renaissance, and Baroque architecture.
Lastly, our guides have their own favorite stories, routes, and experiences that they are excited to share with you. Because of this, the exact journey and the sights may slightly vary every day. We might even share the best-kept secrets on where and how to get a local caña and tapas.
What is a free walking tour?
These tours are led by guides who are passionate about their city and love showing it off to new people. Most of the time, they offer you advice on the best places to eat, drink and explore. When the tour is over they will kindly ask for tips, so you pay what you think the tour was worth. This “pay what you think it’s worth” model makes it possible for everyone to enjoy a fun, creative and educational walking tour. Isn’t it amazing?
Why should I join the Free Walking Tour Malaga?
It is a perfect opportunity to meet other travelers, learn about the city and its culture, and gain local advice and recommendations. Moreover, it is the best budget-friendly option to discover a city!
Local expert guide
Prepare for the activity
Meet us at 12 pm (noon) sharp in front of The Fountain, at Plaza Constitucion. Your tour guide will be carrying a blue T-shirt and umbrella!
Suitable for all ages / Wheelchair friendly